Want to write for Growing up Alienated?
If you would like to submit your work, please consider the following guidelines first:
- Growing up Alienated focuses on big ideas from a humanist perspective. We want to see thoughtful, well argued, and critically engaging commentary. That means no nitpicking over Trump's orange skin (we get it); no articles documenting Twitter fights; no calls for "cancellation." To sum it up: no thoughtless fluff pieces. There's enough of that out there. Still unsure what this means? Take a look at our site and consider if your article would fit here.
- We pay a $50 (CDN) flat rate fee.
- We only accept unpublished drafts. If you're unsure about an idea, please submit your pitch (explain your idea in 2-3 paragraphs) and we will happily take a look.
- Please include a brief bio (2-3 sentences) in your submission, including your full name and where to find you online (if you like). Send your submission in the body of your email with the subject title: "Submission: [title of your article]"
- Give us 3-4 business days to respond to your submission. If you don't hear from us after 4 days, please don't hesitate to give us a nudge (or let us know that you will take your submission elsewhere).
- And of course, writers of all levels of experience are always welcome!
Send your submission to growingupalienated [at] protonmail.com